A simple recipe for you today for this quick and easy caprese salad, a light dish for these longer hotter nights. The pine nuts are a nice touch, adding a crunchy earthiness and finishing the dish.
Toss with Italian vinaigrette and serve.
Caprese salad with chicken, penne, and pine nuts
Caprese salad becomes a dinner entree with the addition of chicken and penne, and pine nuts add crunch and earthiness.
Author: Life in a Skillet
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, halved
- ¼ cup EACH Italian parsley and basil, cut into ribbons
- ¼ lb cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups cooked penne
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss gently.
- Add your favorite Italian vinaigrette and toss again.
- Serve either chilled or at room temperature.